Jadon Sancho is out of the Manchester United game against Burnley and is still not training.
Jadon Sancho is not available for selection for Wednesday’s Carabao Cup match against Burnley. He still needs to come back to training.
The 23-year-old is having difficulties “physically and mentally,” according to manager Erik ten Hag, who made this known last week. He was not a part of the United States team that traveled to Spain for their warm-weather training camp. He wasn’t also involved in the World Cup.
Sancho hasn’t played in two months due to the Premier League break. He has been working on his fitness program, which he gave him in the Netherlands.
According to the Manchester Evening News, the former Borussia Dortmund winger has reportedly yet to arrive at United’s Carrington training facility in time for the start of the domestic campaign.
According to Ten Hag, Sancho was ‘not fit enough to participate in United’s training camp in Spain. Due to the termination of Ronaldo’s contract, the Dutch coach had few options for attacking. Only on this week’s first day of training did Marcus Rashford and Antony rejoin the team.
Erik Ten Hag
Ten Hag said earlier this month: “I don’t think he will be back this week, no,” when asked about Sancho’s problems.
“We want to get him back as soon as we can, but I can’t say with any certainty when that will be.”
“There are situations with fitness and mood occasionally. Sometimes it’s difficult to determine the reason for a decline in quality.”
“Right now, we’re trying to do that to get him back there.” Physically and mental are both involved.
‘There’s huge competition with England,’ Ten Hag said when asked if his exclusion from the England World Cup team had any bearing.
“Because the offensive line is so talented, it can be challenging to decide who to start every game, even at the World Cup.”
“You risk being kicked out of the squad if you don’t demonstrate it week after week, which is what happened.”